[CWG-Stewardship] Another alternative proposal - addressing some questions

Chris Disspain ceo at auda.org.au
Thu Jan 29 22:25:50 UTC 2015

> It would still be very useful, even at what seems to be quite a late point, for those advocating an internal solution to set out the counter-case…

Jordan,

auDA is an advocate of an internal solution. Paul Szyndler will happily provide you (ASAP) with details of our views and why we hold them as well as an explanation of why our proposed alternative models provide a high level of comfort about ‘pulling’ the rights.

May I ask you to explain in detail Internet NZ’s position please? I have seen a number of emails from you suggesting that you believe in an external to ICANN model ‘as a matter of principle’ but (and I acknowledge that I may have missed them) have seen nothing that explains why you believe that or that addresses how you think such a model contributes to the security, stability and resilience of the DNS.

Further, as you have admirably demonstrated with some of your comments on our proposed alternative models (and I have always acknowledged) the devil is in the details so perhaps you could also address how you would envisage contract co being set up, who the shareholder/members would be, what checks and balances would be in place to ensure that it could not act outside the will of the IANA customers or be used for ‘political’ purposes by holding the ICANN community to ransom over some issue that has nothing whatsoever to do with IANA?

Cheers,

Chris Disspain | Chief Executive Officer
.au Domain Administration Ltd
T: +61 3 8341 4111 | F: +61 3 8341 4112
E: ceo at auda.org.au | W: www.auda.org.au
auDA – Australia’s Domain Name Administrator

Important Notice - This email may contain information which is confidential and/or subject to legal privilege, and is intended for the use of the named addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose or copy any part of this email. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately. Please consider the environment before printing this email.