[CWG-Stewardship] v1 Final Proposal

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Tue Jun 2 15:56:43 UTC 2015

Milton,

FWIW, I see the addition of two independent directors as good practice from
a corporate governance point of view.
The construct of 3 executives, one of whom is the IANA managing director (or
equivalent most senior person) together with two independents seems strong
to me and yet remains consistent with the advice we have received.
Adding the independence criteria has the additional benefit (I believe) of
diluting Chuck's concern relating to having the senior IANA staff member as
a director.

For now, we may wish to specify that they need to be independent but not
insist on the two liaisons you suggest (although these could be provided as
an example).

Jonathan