[CWG-Stewardship] Transition ProposalHi, v.3 -- Edits due on Sunday at 23:59 UTC

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 16:40:46 UTC 2015

Matthew,

The IFRTs are not standing bodies, so we would need to either convene a
team for the purpose of the Follow-Up Review (F/UR).  I would suggest
modeling the follow-up review team (F/URT) on the GNSO's Implementation
Review Team concept, i.e., a hold-over team from the SIFRT should conduct
the F/UR.  The F/URT could be the whole SIFRT or a subgroup.  We don't need
a new body, much less a new mechanism.  Such a hold-over team would be
better qualified to conduct a F/UR than a new team.

The alternative is to wait for the next PIFR, which could be too long --
you want a specific check-up to make sure the remediation happened and is
working.

If the PIFR and F/UR would overlap in time, one could fold the F/UR
responsibility into the PIFR -- no need to have a F/UR and a PIFR running
simultaneously.

Greg