[CWG-Stewardship] Fwd: [independent review] [Info] "Controlling Internet infrastructure"

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Fri May 1 15:12:30 UTC 2015

FYI.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Post <david.g.post at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, May 1, 2015 at 9:39 AM
Subject: Re: [independent review] [Info] "Controlling Internet
infrastructure"
To: Accountability Cross Community <accountability-cross-community at icann.org>,
"wp2-independentreview at icann.org" <wp2-independentreview at icann.org>, "
wp2 at icann.org" <wp2 at icann.org>
Cc: Danielle Kehl <kehl at newamerica.org>

All

[Apologies for cross-posting to the various lists]

Danielle Kehl and I have just published a background paper on the IANA
transition for the Open Technology Institute - <
http://www.newamerica.org/oti/controlling-internet-infrastructure/>
http://www.newamerica.org/oti/controlling-internet-infrastructure/

There probably isn't a great deal in there that those of you who are
already participants on this list are unfamiliar with.  The target audience
comprises those people who have not been following DNS policy matters and
who know nothing or next-to-nothing about ICANN, or IANA, or the DNS.  We
hope we've filled a gap in the existing writings on the subject, something
that can help someone who is completely unfamiliar with the territory to
understand just what is going on with the IANA transition, and why it
matters as much as we think it does for the Internet going forward --

Needless to say, please feel free to re-circulate to anyone you think might
find it useful - even your local Congressperson!  And comments etc. are
always welcome -

There will be a second piece coming out shortly that will dive more deeply
into the specifics of the various proposals now under consideration, with
particular attention on the "accountability" discussions -

Regards,

David

David G Post - Senior Fellow, Open Technology Institute/New America
Foundation
blog (Volokh Conspiracy) http://www.washingtonpost.com/people/david-post
book (Jefferson's Moose)  http://tinyurl.com/c327w2n
music http://tinyurl.com/davidpostmusic publications etc.