[CWG-Stewardship] Action Item response: Background note on Separability Process

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Wed May 6 12:36:15 UTC 2015

Avri,

Thanks for this and for agreeing to assist with further co-ordination on the Separation Process / Separation Review Process.

Reading through the Sidley Memo dated 3rd May 2015, I noted the following point:

Note to CWG: What is the intent of having the IFR recommend a “Separation Review” rather than having separation be one of the many recommendations the IFR may make? Meaning what is the benefit of a separate Separation Review process that is incremental to the IFR? This memo does not yet discuss the Separation Review and mechanism as that is pending further CWG discussion.]

It seems to me that we should at least be able to articulate an answer to the question above or point to where it has already been answered or consider a variant i.e. potentially not have the incremental process to the IFR.

Jonathan