[CWG-Stewardship] update on DT X Separation Process

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon May 11 22:19:09 UTC 2015

Hi,

I did an update on the file.
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WvBqtgXJ7rNrbN-5Tjf5-gi80aZ2oRYDtF_JLrETRqg/edit?usp=sharing>
and attached a pdf version to this note.

  * Received some comments which I tried to include
  * Responded to Sibley comments, I think
  * Largely separated the process from who does it
  * left bracketed text on the sticky decisions, which include:
      o who dies it:
          + [A cross community of the SOAC would be formed, The IFR
            would be designated]
      o how it is initiated:
          + on the recommendation of the IANA Review Function as
            approved by [Board, SOAC, members council], or in the case
            of Board rejection via escalation procedure.
          + on supermajority recommendation of both GNSO & ccNSO
          + on recommendation of 1 SO and 2 ACs
      o method of operation
          + The Separation Review would be either a(decision to be made
            by CWG)
              #

                A process initiated in the IFR

              #

                Function as a Cross Community Working Group and would
                follow established guidelines for multistakeholder cross
                community working groups. In this case the participants
                would be either (decision to be made by CWG):

             1.

                Each of the AC/SO would appoint 5 people to the
                Separation Review.

             2. Alternatively: Use the ICG community inclusion and
                proportions to include the broader community as this
                will affect the entire community.

Unfortunately I have another commitment during tomorrow's meeting so
will miss the middle hour,  but I do think this is something that the
group needs to figure out at some point in the near future.

---