[CWG-Stewardship] FW: IANA Stewardship Transition Draft Proposal - Transfer of Naming Functions to PTI

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Tue May 12 11:47:59 UTC 2015

All. FYI. Jonathan.

From: Jonathan Robinson [mailto:jrobinson at afilias.info]
Sent: 12 May 2015 12:47
To: Samantha Eisner (Samantha.Eisner at icann.org)
Cc: Lise Fuhr (lise.fuhr at difo.dk); Grace Abuhamad
(grace.abuhamad at icann.org); 'Theresa Swinehart'
Subject: IANA Stewardship Transition Draft Proposal - Transfer of Naming
Functions to PTI

Dear Sam,

I am writing to you regarding the work of the Cross Community Working Group
(CWG) to Develop an IANA Stewardship Transition Proposal on Naming Related
Functions and in my capacity as co-chair of the CWG together with Lise Fuhr.
In particular, as you are no doubt aware, the draft proposal envisages the
setup of a legally separate entity and the transfer of certain functions the
new entity i.e. the Post Transition IANA (PTI).

In working through the "Punch List" of items that need to be dealt with,
there are two items in particular that we need your assistance with. The
items in question are under the section of "Transfer of naming functions to
PTI" and are numbered 2 & 3 on the attached list. Please could you review
these items and give us your input at your earliest convenience.

Thank-you.

Jonathan Robinson

On behalf of the CWG