[CWG-Stewardship] update on DT X Separation Process

Donna Austin Donna.Austin at ariservices.com
Tue May 12 21:52:32 UTC 2015

Hi Avri

I understand this is a work in progress and apologies if my questions are still being worked through.

In all possible separation review outcomes, would ICANN would still be the 'contractor' for the IANA service? If not, who would be?

What is meant by "initiate partial separations, i.e. initiate negotiations with new operational partners". I'm not sure I understand what a partial separation is, and who would initiate negotiations? Is this perhaps a subset of "create an RFP" or vice versa?

I'm also not clear what is meant by "initiate full separation of the IANA affiliate" . Is this separation of the IANA affiliate from ICANN to continue to perform the IANA function, or is it separation of the IANA affiliate from ICANN in favour of another provider to be selected through an RFP?

If it is the former, who would the IANA affiliate be accountable to, ie who would replace ICANN as the contractor?

If it is the latter, what would happen to the IANA affiliate? Would it be dissolved in some way?

Thanks

Donna