[CWG-Stewardship] Fate of the .INT domain

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Sat May 16 12:09:38 UTC 2015

But is changing it REALLY on our critical path?

M: Well, yes. Early in this process I heard NTIA staff complain several times that no one was proposing what to do with .INT and since .INT is currently part of the IANA functions contract any transition plan has to deal with it. I agree that _who_ gets .INT is not a critical part of the transition but we could easily say as part of our proposal: ".INT should be redelegated to an appropriate registry operator and the IFO should not be running a TLD unless it it something that directly touches on the IANA functions (such as .arpa)."