[CWG-Stewardship] Fate of the .INT domain

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sat May 16 23:04:46 UTC 2015

On 16/05/2015 14:09, Milton L Mueller wrote:

> But is changing it REALLY on our critical path?
>
> M: Well, yes. Early in this process I heard NTIA staff complain
> several times that no one was proposing what to do with .INT and since
> .INT is currently part of the IANA functions contract any transition
> plan has to deal with it. I agree that _/who/_ gets .INT is not a
> critical part of the transition but we could easily say as part of our
> proposal: “.INT should be redelegated to an appropriate registry
> operator and the IFO should not be running a TLD unless it it
> something that directly touches on the IANA functions (such as .arpa).”

.INT is a can of worms.
I really think it would be unwise to open it now, at the 11th hour, as
an afterthought, a few days before the end of the 2nd public
consultation. I am of the view that if it ain't broke, don't attempt to
fix it. I definitely to not see a link between it and the transition of
stewardship itself.
Kind regards,

Olivier