[CWG-Stewardship] update on DT X Separation Process

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Mon May 18 14:43:49 UTC 2015

Dear Chuck,

On 18/05/2015 14:29, Gomes, Chuck wrote:
> I did not say that IFRT should be largely composed of ccTLD and gTLD
> registries.  I simply said that the IFRT composition should have
> stronger participation of ccTLD and gTLD registries than is proposed
> currently.  If the IFRT is doing a separation review, it is more
> important than ever for there to be strong direct customer
> participation.  I fully agree that IFRT must be M-S.

I cringe at this. If the decision for separation is to be decided by the
IRFT then it will need to be accepted by all SOs & ACs & the group needs
to be multistakeholder.
The CSC is already Registry-led, and quite rightly so. Separation does
not solely affect direct customers. It is such a large step, it affects
everyone.
Kindest regards,

Olivier