[CWG-Stewardship] update on DT X Separation Process

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Mon May 18 15:02:32 UTC 2015

Olivier, everything affects everyone, in some way or another. But the strength and directness of the effects vary greatly. Do you deny that IANA performance affects registry operators more directly, and more materially, than it affects anyone else? If it is appropriate for the CSC to be registry-led, why is it not also appropriate for a separation process to have strong direct customer participation? Chuck is not even demanding majority on this entity, just stronger than proposed.

Another issue you may not be attuned to is the possibility of political games being played. Though I agree that the IFR needs to be rooted in the broader MS ICANN community, I also recognize that the broader the representation on a committee is, the easier it is for its agenda to stray into areas not directly related to IANA performance.