[CWG-Stewardship] update on DT X Separation Process

CW Lists lists at christopherwilkinson.eu
Mon May 18 18:06:02 UTC 2015

Good evening:

Thankyou Olivier. I would not cringe.

1.	The CWG draft report is in public consultation. May I suggest that the public outside CWG might be rather confused to find that aspects of the agreed draft were still under discussion at this stage.
	How about a 'trève' until the public consultation is concluded? All interested parties may contribute to the public consultation meanwhile.

2.	The global multistakeholder model means what it says. It is absolutely essential that existing and prospective entities respect that principle.
	Internet users and governments are major stakeholders in all aspects of IANA and ICANN, in addition to the operational communities.

3.	Chuck: Although I value your personal commitment and contributions, I think you should take advice from Verisign's corporate lawyers on the anti-trust aspects of this affair.
	From my perspective it is quite unusual for the dominant operator and principal (remaining) contractor to play such a leading role in designing the future regulatory system.

Regards

CW

PS:	Regarding the CWG relations with IANA and the RIRs, please see the comments from RIPE and Brian Carpenter.