[CWG-Stewardship] Fate of the .INT domain

Keith Davidson keith at internetnz.net.nz
Mon May 18 22:01:57 UTC 2015

Surely we could recommend that ICANN divest itself of .int within a x
year period after the transition?

I seem to recall there was a strong interest from the ITU in taking over
.int at some point in the past, but has not re-emerged in anything I
have seen for several years. I thought it might have been formally
proposed by ITU during the NOI and FNOI stages of the NTIA / IANA
renewal process. ITU made submissions, but the submissions did not refer
to .int iirc.

Cheers

Keith