[CWG-Stewardship] Update on post Special IFR Separation Process

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue May 19 04:34:32 UTC 2015

Hi,

In addition to the discussions on the list, the remnants of the DT-N
group had a call to try and resolve the issues. And then did a bunch of
editing.  We think we have simplified it somewhat.  We did continue to
make the recommendation that it be done by a group that was different
than the S-IFR group that recommended the initiation of the separation
process, despite the fact that some consider this counter to common
sense.  As far as we could tell the larger group was split on this issue
and we gave weight to the consideration that as a checks-and-balances
measure,  the group that recommends an RFP be created not be the one
creating and running the RFP.

In terms of the composition of the separation process group, which we
called Separation Cross-Community WG (SCWG) it has pretty much the same
multistakeholder mix as the IFR, with a slight favoring of Registries,
but representation from all stakeholder groups/ACSO.  Again a
compromise.  The makeup of the SCWG, however, is a wider issue and might
need further CWG-IANA discussion to reach an annealing point.  We
decided to base it loosely on the IFR team composition, which is already
in public comment.

Attached is the latest revision of that process.  The file remains in
the drive document and remains open for comment.
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WvBqtgXJ7rNrbN-5Tjf5-gi80aZ2oRYDtF_JLrETRqg/edit?usp=sharing>

After so many attempts, there is no certainty of having the right mix
this time.  But there is hope.

The primary authors were Greg, Stephanie and myself.

We also have created a punch list response table that is still being
worked on.  It can be found at:
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/13jmdqJkl1X292h9kqjQcYh7gcAW81XhektbeMxADosE/edit?usp=sharing>

avri

---