[CWG-Stewardship] Fate of the .INT domain

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Thu May 21 15:32:14 UTC 2015

I endorsed the idea, too.

As best I can tell, the issue has been more or less swept under the rug by the statement "leave it to the GAC."
I have no objection in principle to affording GAC a major role in developing a recommendation for .INT, but I think the CWG as a whole should not be just "leaving it" to them; we have the responsibility to develop some guidelines as to how they should deal with it - e.g., do they actually ask the registrants what they want? Do we instruct them that IANA FO should not be running a TLD registry? Do they develop a recommendation and bring it back to the CWG? On what timetable?

--MM