[CWG-Stewardship] Direct customers vs. the rest of stakeholders

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sat May 23 15:28:12 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 11:32 PM, Avri Doria <avri at acm.org> wrote:

> hi,
>
> As for Suzanne's deconstruction,  It was a good explanation, but I do
> not agree with the use of direct versus indirect.  they do have a
> different perspectives, but I still see both of that as just customers
> of a different type.

+1 on this as well...in the numbers community i would not expect an
ISP/end-user to be called lesser than the RIR just because they are not
assigned /8s. The one who gets assigned /8 (is likened to the names
registries) while others who get > /9 subnets (are likened to be names
registrants).

> My issue is with the multistakeholder nature of the IANA Function Review
> and the Separation Cross Community Working Group and the PTI Board*,
> where it has nothing to do with being a direct customer or not.  At that
> level they are both customers, customers of a different type - one makes
> entries  and one uses entries - but both customers.  It is in these
> situations where I see no reason to give the Registries disproportionate
> representation.

Absolute +1; i don't think categorisation of customers should be practised
to the benefit of "one community than the other" in multi-stakeholder
participation, especially within this context. In the numbers world,
whatever customer category you belong, you are recognised to have equal
membership status on the floor.

Regards

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*