[CWG-Stewardship] PTI Board Composition

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Mon May 25 15:38:52 UTC 2015

Alan:
Chuck said (and I agree) that two of the board members should be selected by the ccNSO and gNSO.
It is obviously a mistake to refer to the GNSO as "registries." Registries are one of only 4 stakeholder groups there.
As for ccNSO, given the fact that PTI manages the IANA, which has a particularly sensitive relationship to ccTLDs, I am having trouble understanding ALAC's objection to letting the ccNSO pick a director, also. Indeed, if I were a ccTLD operator, I would object strenuously to any solution that did NOT involve such a right. One could also argue that ccTLD operators and boards are often (though not always) chosen by a local MS community.

I think ALAC needs to reconsider its position. It seems poorly thought out.

--MM