[CWG-Stewardship] Notes, Recordings, Transcript CWG IANA #51 - 28 May (Session 2)

Brenda Brewer brenda.brewer at icann.org
Thu May 28 17:17:58 UTC 2015

Dear all,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for the CWG IANA High Intensity Meeting, Session 2 - 28 May
are available here:  https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocwgdtstwrdshp/IANA+CWG+Meeting+%2351

Kind regards,

Brenda

Action Items

Action: Elise to send updated text to the CWG list

Action: Flag under Section IV that separation of physical infrastructure is recommendation for
integrity of IANA services (may not being
required as part of transition but would be good practice)

Action: Alan to provide answer on what "proposed entity" should be replaced with?

Action: DT-O to provide responses on last items in time for next meeting (to continue where we left
off)

Notes

Overall Timeline / Milestones

*	2 June CWG-Stewardship meeting
*	4 June CWG-Stewardship meeting - review final proposal (sign-off?)
*	8 June - submission to SO/ACs
*	9 June CWG-Stewardship meeting - Next steps, communication, other issues
*	W/C 8 June - Communication Work - Webinars on 11 June?
*	21-25 June -- ICANN 53 in Buenos Aires

Current schedule for rest of meetings:

*        Meeting #52 (19h00 to 21h00 UTC) - Continue Public Comment Actions Items Summary

*        Meeting #53 (07h00 to 09h00 UTC) - Scope of PTI, PTI Board Composition

*        Meeting #54 (10h00 to 12h00 UTC) - Accountability mechanisms

*        Meeting #55 (14h00 to 16h00 UTC) - Remaining open issues including implementation

Audio only: Eduardo Diaz;

How to communicate responses to comments:

*        We will publish Public Comment Review tool on PC page

*        We will publish final version of document

*        We will communicate final version to community through members, through webinars, etc.

General Comments

(comments in document)

Section I -- Community's use of IANA

(comments in document)

Text proposed by Elise: CWG has considered the .int domain, and concluded that provided there is no
policy change under .int done by ICANN/IANA
we don't see any need for changes in the management of the .int domain in conjunction with the
transition. Future administration of the .int domain
should be subject to review post transition.

Action: Elise to send updated text to the CWG list

Section II - Existing pre-transition arrangements

(comments in document)

Section III - IANA Statement of Work

(comments in document)

Section III - Escalation Mechanisms

(comments in document)

Section III -- Framework for Transition to Successor IFO

(comments in document)

Action: Flag under Section IV that separation of physical infrastructure is recommendation for
integrity of IANA services (may not being
required as part of transition but would be good practice)

Section III -- Root Zone Maintainer Function

(comments in document)

Action: Alan to provide answer on what "proposed entity" should be replaced with?

Section III -- IANA Budget

(comments in document)