[CWG-Stewardship] Question re fiduciary duties and separation

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Wed Sep 2 12:28:08 UTC 2015

Jordan,

I understood your question and my personal interpretation is that this should be covered in the bylaws work.

Section 8 of the Sidley memo on bylaws specifically deals with the separation process.

Therefore, if (eventual) separation is contemplated by the CWG’s work, diligent legal work should include provision (via bylaw modification or otherwise) for the ICANN board to authorise such (eventual) separation.

Good question.

Jonathan