[CWG-Stewardship] Legal work for CCWG Accountability on Board Proposals versus CCWG Proposals

Matthew Shears mshears at cdt.org
Sat Sep 26 12:13:37 UTC 2015

Hi

Well in one sense they are the same thing - the PTI budget will be a
part of the larger ICANN budget and therefore having certainty w/r/t
budget allocated by ICANN to PTI and IFO operations is crucial.

Matthew

On 25/09/2015 17:11, Jonathan Robinson wrote:

> Thanks Seun,
>
> Any other view on this?
>
> Notwithstanding the views, a key point for me is that we ended up
> where we did, then put it to public comment, then put it to the
> chartering organisations.
>
> Therefore, it seems to me that (assuming we wanted to) it would be
> challenging to unwind a requirement such as this one at this stage. At
> least in a timely way.
>
> Jonathan

Matthew Shears
Director - Global Internet Policy and Human Rights
Center for Democracy & Technology
mshears at cdt.org
+ 44 771 247 2987

---