[CWG-Stewardship] For your review - CWG Implementation Action items document

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Tue Sep 29 17:02:36 UTC 2015

Hello all,

thanks for forwarding this excellent piece of work. Very thorough indeed.

Just a few notes:

1. There are many Action points to be undertaken by the CWG and ICANN,
but many take place under the oversight of ICG. (with a question mark)
As many of the processes are internal ICANN processes, I doubt that the
ICG will want to engage in their supervision. It might be interesting to
have a column that shows whether the action item itself requires
intervention or involvement from any of the other operational communities.
2. Action Item #6 and #7 relate to the relationship with Verisign. Is it
anticipated that Verisign will continue its contract with ICANN or will
it contract with PTI? It might not be just a case of amending contracts
to remove NTIA from the equation.
3. Action Item #12 establishing the IANA Functions Review (IFR) is shown
as being needed 2 years after transition. Should we show "or earlier if
a Special IANA Functions Review is needed"?

Kindest regards,

Olivier

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD
http://www.gih.com/ocl.html