[CWG-Stewardship] For your review - draft responses to ICG Questions

Mueller, Milton L milton.mueller at pubpolicy.gatech.edu
Wed Sep 30 17:55:28 UTC 2015

As I have already pointed out to Alan and Chuck on the DT-F list, I think the ICANN-Verisign proposal for RZM does not meet one essential requirement of the DTF.
We called for an agreement between the RZMaintainer and the IANA Functions Operator to ensure that the IFO's changes would be implemented.
As far as I  can tell, that requirement is fudged in the ICANN-Verisign proposal. We have no idea what kind of an agreement, if any, would exist between Verisign and ICANN after NTIA pulls away, nor do we have a more generic notion of how ICANN, IFO and RZM relate.

--MM