[CWG-Stewardship] For your review - draft responses to ICG Questions

Jaap Akkerhuis jaap at NLnetLabs.nl
Wed Sep 30 21:18:54 UTC 2015

 Alan Greenberg writes:

 > There is no doubt that the requirement to amend or replace the
 > RZMaintainer Cooperative Agreement to ensure that post-transition,
 > Verisign will be oblidged to implement changes passed on by IANA. But
 > the Verisign/ICANN proposal was not a vehicle for this . That
 > proposal is solely about how to logistically eliminate NTIA approvals
 > at the moment of transistion, and not introduce any risk, and
 > specifically not require any coding changes into the process (at that
 > point in time).

That was my reading of the proposal as well. A proposal to ensure that the results are
the same when the NTIA drops out of the protocol and make sure that the communication
keeps flowing.

	jaap