[CWG-Stewardship] Notes, Recordings, Transcript CWG IANA Bylaws Review Meeting | 11 April 2016

Paul M Kane - CWG paul.kane-cwg at icb.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 20:47:59 UTC 2016

Grace

Another correction for the notes.

The point I was making in AoB was the current draft Bylaws do not (adequately)
address the difference between gTLDs (who obtain their authority from ICANN
under contract) and ccTLDs (the vast majority pre-date ICANN and have no formal
relationship with ICANN) and ccTLDs and gTLDs have very different Policy
development mechanism.

IMHO it is essential that any PTI (in the new Bylaws under consideration)
articulates and respects the differences between ccTLDs and gTLDs... as IANA
has done since its inception.

The other point was on current inconsistencies which you correctly captured -
the example I gave was Page 80 of the Bylaws cites Section 16.3(a) - which does
not exist.... and there are many other such fundamental errors.

Best

Paul