[CWG-Stewardship] Clarification on PTI scope

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 19:27:43 UTC 2016

Dear all,

>From my understanding of PTI was that it's going to be the new IANA that
will serve the 3OCs (even though numbers and protocols contracts with
ICANN).

If my high-level understanding above is right, then i think there may be
something wrong in the fy17 draft budget which has just been brought to my
attention.

https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/proposed-opplan-budget-fy17-05mar16-en.pdf

Page 25 item 4 says the following:

PTI- New legal entity, destined to host activities and costs of the IANA
functions in service of
the *Names community*

Then page 27 seem to imply that PTI will indeed serve the names alone. At
the moment, I have not considered the application of this new arrangement
and unless I am missing something, I don't think this was what was proposed.

Regards
Sent from my LG G4
Kindly excuse brevity and typos