[CWG-Stewardship] Update & Planning for Feb 4th Meeting of CWG

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 06:00:51 UTC 2016

On 3 Feb 2016 5:16 a.m., "Alan Greenberg" <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca> wrote:

> At 02/02/2016 02:30 PM, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
>

>> 2. I believe any change in the CSC charter should involved other
chartering SO/AC not just be based on the ccNSO and GNSO decision.

> This is moot if the Charter is a Bylaw. But if it is not, there should be
involvement of others as there was in the creation of the original.

SO: Yes just making sure, incase there is an intention to make this an
exception.(ref: 3/4 page 14/15)

>> 3. The CCWG proposed process to approve update of any text in the bylaw
(including CSC charter) should be applied. So I think the charter
update(depending on whether this will be standard or fundamental bylaw)
should be subject to board approval.

> If it is in a Bylaw, there is no choice but to follow the standard Bylaw
change process.

SO: Same as above, but please have a look at Donna's response as it seem to
confirm my concern in 2 above.

>> 4. Some of the decision making does not recognise other community like
ALAC as part of the decision makers. For instance the decision process for
SCWG.

> Seun, could you be specific in the reference? The references to the SCWG
in particular seem to acknowledge involvement of a Community Mechanism (it
ALSO needs ccNSO/GNSO approval)

SO: Yeah that's right, I was referring to the separate approval of
ccNSO/GNSO (ref: page 52,55). Somehow I missed that "community" part in the
2 instances. That said, I wonder why the need for a separate approval from
the DUO since they are part of the community. I think in order to maximise
time/minimise processes one may just require community approval but with a
requirement that such approval must include that of the ccNSO/GNSO.(similar
to the condition the CCWG on accountability used to secure community power
on a bylaw change that emanates via PDP)

Regards

>> 5. Could it be indicated which of the texts goes to fundamental bylaw
and which one to standard?

>> Regards
>> On 2 Feb 2016 6:21 p.m., "Jonathan Robinson" <jrobinson at afilias.info >
wrote:

>> All,
>>

>> A couple of updates since our previous meeting and ahead of our meeting
on Thursday Feb 4 @ 16h00 UTC.

>> We are waiting for the final wording from CWG Accountability in relation
to our requirements on IANA Budget and IRP but now expect that these will
be satisfactorily dealt with.

>> As per Grace’s note on the CCWG agenda for their meeting today, these
matters were subject to “final reading†by the CCWG today.

>> On the series of questions presented by Sidley in preparation for
drafting the proposed ICANN Bylaws to deal with the work of the CWG
Stewardship, Grace’s email of Jan 25 sought further input from our group.

>> Essentially we have:
>>
>> a.      Input from relevant DT leads (Thank-you!)
>>
>> b.      Input from staff
>>
>> c.      Remaining open questions
>>
>> Any input to point c above will be helpful.
>>

>> The plan (as per our last meeting and captured in Grace’s email of Jan
25) was to review and provide input so that responses can be provided to
Sidley after the Feb 4 Call.

>> This work to be done via the mailing list by using the ‘track
changes’ feature in Word. Staff will monitor the list and manage version
control if needed.

>> If there are outstanding issues, or disagreement on a response, this can
be discussed further at the next meeting.

>> If you are able to review the document (re-attached for convenience) and
provide any input over the next 24 hours or so, that will be very helpful.