[CWG-Stewardship] CWG discussion

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Wed Jan 20 22:13:00 UTC 2016

Seun,

You accurately cite a problem that continues to exist in the ICANN world, one that we need to persist in solving.  In the case of the GNSO, the GNSO Review recommendations from Westlake, the independent consultant, made several recommendations along this line.

But I am not convinced that the number of the number of volunteers is decreasing.  Take a look at the number of people who have volunteered for the Registration Data Services PDP WG that is getting ready to start: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=56986659  There are presently over 100 member volunteers and over 70 observer volunteers and a lot of them are new.  I know that many will not be active and some will drop out over time, but that is an impressive start.

Chuck