[CWG-Stewardship] CWG discussion

Matthew Shears mshears at cdt.org
Thu Jan 21 10:37:24 UTC 2016

Hi

I am not sure how this could be done but I think it important to assess
on an ongoing basis how the CCWG is responding to the dependencies, the
concerns raised by outside counsel in mid December and other points that
may have been made with regards to the CCWG's evolving proposal.  The
reason I raise this is because of a concern on the CCWG lists related to
whether or not and how the IRP might be the appropriate mechanism for
addressing the requirement from the CWG for an appeals mechanism for
IANA related matters.  I think it important that we fully gauge the
degree to which the work of the CCWG is satisfying CWG requirements,
etc., during the various readings and prior to a final CCWG supplemental
report being issued.

Matthew