[CWG-Stewardship] CCWG-ACCT Request for Guidance on PTI - IRP - Please respond by 23h59 UTC Monday 25 January 2016

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri Jan 22 17:05:43 UTC 2016

Hi,

The issue is that the IRP can only act on the basis of a bylaw being
infringed. So either we need a bylaw that covers all the conditions on
which an appeal would be made, or an IRP that specifically made
provision for IANA performance issues.

We could also require a stand alone process that was separate from the IRP.

avri

On 22-Jan-16 07:33, Jonathan Robinson wrote:

> So the essential question is:
>

> A.     Is an ICANN bylaw provision that allows for an IRP if ICANN
> fails to enforce the contract with PTI (for example, due to a material
> performance breach by PTI that is not cured) sufficient?
>

> OR
>

> B.     In addition to such an ICANN bylaw, is a separate process also
> required that would give direct customers a right to mediation or
> arbitration to address SLAs or other service issues?
>

> If B above, what type of process is necessary?

---