[CWG-Stewardship] Bylaws Clarifications for Sidley

Grace Abuhamad grace.abuhamad at icann.org
Mon Jan 25 04:44:01 UTC 2016

Dear all,

On the call Thursday, we presented an updated version of the document that
seeks to provide answers to the clarification notes in Sidley¹s draft Bylaws
from 7 November. As a reminder, the process so far for preparing these
* Sidley drafted Bylaws and delivered on 7 November (document attached). In
the draft Bylaws, Sidley had highlighted areas that required clarification
from the CWG.
* Staff prepared a framework for responding to the Sidley notes. In this
process, it became evident that the majority of the clarifications
surrounded the work of DT-C (CSC), DT-M (Escalation), and DT-N (Reviews).
* The leads of the three DTs collaborated and provided initial responses to
the notes (mid-December to early January).
* Staff compiled and cleaned up the document, noting some areas that
required resolution by the full CWG.
The CWG is now tasked with reviewing this document so that responses can be
provided to Sidley after our next call on 4 February. This work can be done
via the mailing list by using the Œtrack changes¹ feature in Word. Staff
will monitor the list and manage version control if needed. If there are
outstanding issues, or disagreement on a response, this can be discussed
further at the next meeting.

Please let me know if we can assist further,
Grace