[CWG-Stewardship] CCWG-ACCT Request for Guidance on PTI - IRP - Please respond by 23h59 UTC Monday 25 January 2016

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 17:46:00 UTC 2016

Okay thanks, what I hear from both Chuck and Becky is that; apart from the
SLE/A between ICANN and NTIA, there is "no" significant NTIA involvement on
this matter.

The current IRP as indicated by Chuck is weak, and that is one of the major
aspect of the ccwg proposal(re: strengthening the IRP).

I believe the scope of the CWG should as much as possible address the role
of NTIA and not try to fix problems that are IMO not within the remit of
CWG.(re: Chuck: Under the new gTLD registry agreements ICANN has fairly
one-sided control.)

The CWG in her proposal indicated that access to IRP be made possible and I
am of the opinion that it should be based on the existing IRP (improved
version of CCWG).

Regards