[CWG-Stewardship] FW: [client com] PTI Bylaws

Maarten Simon maarten.simon at sidn.nl
Thu Jul 14 12:22:44 UTC 2016

Hi Paul,

I assume you refer to the Annex C text as was proposed by Sidley and not
to the text of the bylaws as they are published by ICANN for public
comment. I also have a number of second thoughts about the Annex C
proposed text as it may not always be - or at least open for
interpretation as being not in line - with the current status quo with
regard to ccTLD-IANA (& ICANN) relations. I therefore agree with ICANN’s
suggestion not to use any of this text in the bylaws (we could still apart
from that discuss if the purpose (art. 3 bylaws) is sufficient now) and to
copy as literally as possible the relevant wording from the NTIA contract
in the new ICANN - PTI contract.

Best,

Maarten

On 14/07/16 12:19, "cwg-stewardship-bounces at icann.org on behalf of Paul M