[Discussion-igo-rc] IGO Protections - progress on notification mechanisms

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Tue Apr 25 10:16:06 UTC 2017

Hello Jonathan,

>>  I am writing to follow up with you on progress since that time. In particular, I would be grateful if you could let us know what steps ICANN has taken regarding the notification mechanisms for both IGOs and prospective registrants.

I have had an informal discussion with the ICANN CEO and support staff.

I propose to formally ask the ICANN CEO, on behalf of this discussion group, to provide a response on the feasibility of providing such a notification service.

I have put this proposal in a separate email to the discussion group and asked for feedback from the group before I make a formal request on behalf of this group.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin