[Discussion-igo-rc] IGO Protections - Abu Dhabi

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Wed Sep 27 20:47:53 UTC 2017

Hello Tom, Jon and everyone,

The Curative Rights PDP Working Group hopes to present the text of all its final proposed recommendations to the community for its input and discussion at its open session at ICANN60. It plans to complete its Final Report and confirm consensus on all the draft recommendations after the Abu Dhabi meeting, after which it will submit its Final Report to the GNSO Council.

At this juncture, the Working Group has reached preliminary agreement on several topics, including a likely change to its original preliminary recommendation on Article 6ter and standing. Its main focus for its meetings leading up to ICANN60 will be to gauge the possibility of consensus on one remaining substantive topic - the group continues to discuss the attached set of options in relation to a recommendation that could potentially incorporate an option to arbitrate in limited scenarios where an IGO has successfully claimed jurisdictional immunity.

I hope this is useful. Hopefully Discussion Group members and interested community participants will also be available to provide feedback on the proposed final recommendations during the Working Group’s open session at ICANN60, which is currently scheduled for Wednesday 1 November from 1700-1830 local time.

Thanks and cheers
Mary