[Dt-cwg-auctionproceeds] mp3 and attendance new gTLD Auction Proceeds Drafting Team 16 June 2016

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Thu Jun 16 15:50:03 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the new gTLD Auction Proceeds Drafting Team held on 16 June 2016 at 13:00 UTC: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-auction-proceeds-16jun16-en.mp3<http://mailer.samanage.com/wf/click?upn=NrFWbrBstcrPWP369qgbqlXiSKeL20xnUXzI03ZqpsuDGgbutH3nVNCyFQnIoBtiHFTcaeu4QmqxpOexJvnwAnCtN4H0ZarDqxOyKYT33Xg-3D_nEX-2FaOijqgcJlSz5SkmueJu3tRbmaDiuX89gT35tStEeSHP9whdoceObpMxYsFLQddiMZpQjIv8dk6BsBGSJXH7VWN4SGLCJgbGKCk6E-2FTErjF4OKNQt65Dk9NF54IJ9kQpmDNySj7bbNz9G4dXi5BgbCZotTx8KNfyeB0z00f8KsMfETeTNKd7vy2kKI7tttQUIwid4NAhxXgT3nZYwmh4CHFzp-2Bqw-2B4-2BlmhPezwoDf4QnboXm3YlNayxemb-2B9sdYQ51-2Fd0zmnfOAWq1ypoZt1Q-2BXhTWkUB6I4-2BfJoNQbiiyGtzkHOSpFZVu39Y5rVr2Pitc-2Bh-2Fmp3OfpHofMZZ0l-2Fn9VC3mBG16LNQXZSB6c1PT76zysM7eJVgE-2BIzehHbyr4hF0TrA2mo8GI1boW3cTJdjvnv11DSUZCSy-2BspZtQV8DWagFi4a03M8bZxHNqdfEgw6WgnGpImsbizpbR7gY4-2BmSc7Pd87a5G7LNvJSdwOdVDLIrj5fS7HVV8rdRBC>
On page: http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar>
The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page: http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

Wiki page:  https://community.icann.org/x/px6AAw

Attendees:

ALAC
Alan Greenberg

ASO
None

ccNSO
Will not be participating in the drafting team

GAC
Olga Cavalli

GNSO
Jonathan Robinson

RSSAC
Brad Verd
Kaveh Ranjbar

SSAC
Russ Mundy

Board
Board Liaisons
Erika Mann
Asha Hemrajani

Board appointed staff advisors
Samantha Eisner

Apologies:
Lyman Chapin
Tony Harris
Sylvia Cadena
Marika Konings (staff)
David Tait (staff)

ICANN staff:
Lauren Allison
Julie Hedlund
Glen de Saint Gery
Vinciane Koenigsfeld
Terri Agnew

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Terri Agnew
-------------------------------
Adobe Connect chat transcript for Thursday, 16 June 2016

     Terri Agnew:Welcome to the New gTLD Auction Proceeds CCWG Charter Drafting Team held on Thursday, 16 June 2016 at 13:00 UTC for 90 minutes

  Asha Hemrajani:I am sorry, I need to step away for a few minutes

  Erika Mann:i'm here

  Julie Hedlund:Note that we will be reviewing the latest version of the charter provided by Marika with the agenda, dated 07 June and with Sylvia's comments (SC initials).

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Olga

  olga cavalli:hi sorry I was in a diffeent adobe room

  olga cavalli::( too many confernces...

  Julie Hedlund:Erika we can't hear you if you are speaking.

  Erika Mann:I like to speak but might not be able. It feels like I'm on forced mute

  Erika Mann:I tried to but it seems to be not working, gives me no option

  Asha Hemrajani:Ok I am back now

  Erika Mann:No, got it, thanks, should be working now

  olga cavalli:yes we can hear you erika´

  Asha Hemrajani:yes we can hear you

  olga cavalli:no good sound from Erika

  Asha Hemrajani:yes as Erika mentioned, we will have that meeting fairly early - on Friday 24 June

  Erika Mann:Sorry Olga, I'm in a strange place

  Erika Mann:Yes, Alan. Asha and I will do this

  Asha Hemrajani:Yes it will be before our DT meeting

  Erika Mann:Asha is typing

  Erika Mann:Asha, we have a workshop in Helsinki

  Asha Hemrajani:yes I am asking the date and time

  Asha Hemrajani:yes best if you put that into notes and chat Julie

  Julie Hedlund:Asha: Next DT meeting is 23 June 11:00 UTC to be confirmed.

  Julie Hedlund:Workshop in Helsinki is Tuesday, 1515 to 1645.

  Asha Hemrajani:Yes that is what I was asking.  Thanks Julie

  Erika Mann:Sounds good

  Asha Hemrajani:very bad echo Jonathan, cannot understand you

  Asha Hemrajani:better now

  Asha Hemrajani:yes that sounds about right Jonathan

  Jonathan Robinson:Thanks Asha

  Asha Hemrajani:In addition to the legal fiduciary issues that Erika mentioned, we will also be discussing with the Board the diversity text, the role of the Board, type of projects etc

  Erika Mann:She's writing

  Erika Mann:Yes

  Erika Mann:I think we are okay and exactly Sam's note covers the critical points

  Julie Hedlund:I have unsynced the document so you can move it yourselves if you wish.

  Erika Mann:Thanks Julie, helpful!

  Asha Hemrajani:I have my magnifying glass with me today :-)

  Erika Mann:Jonathan, can you say the page number each time

  Erika Mann:+1

  Asha Hemrajani:I like "in line with"

  Erika Mann:CCWG chairs

  Asha Hemrajani:I would think it would be the SO/AC chairs

Erika Mann:Jonathan can you read the full text please

  Erika Mann:I have a very small screen in front of me

  Asha Hemrajani:yes now that you have explained it that way - I agree "CCWG chairs"

  Erika Mann:Correct +1

  Erika Mann:Indeed

  Erika Mann:I think it's a good point

  Asha Hemrajani:I agree with "strongly recommend" - leave the perogative to the CCWG

  Erika Mann:I would like this

  RussMundy-SSAC:I think adding "encouraging the use of experts" words is good

  bverd (RSSAC):Definitely need more language here.. Not sure if "recommend" meets the intent of the comment.

  Erika Mann:It should relate to highly problematic issues, most advise would probably come from legal/finance

  Asha Hemrajani:I prefer "appropriate mechanism" because the finance dept may be involved

  Erika Mann:Alan mentioned a good point, typically a specific budget from such kind of funds are reserved for management and advise costs - but this is something the CCWG will have to look into in the future.

  Asha Hemrajani:echo

  Erika Mann:I lost you

  Erika Mann:I think thats fine

  Erika Mann:"appropriate processes' is good

  Erika Mann:... and the wording indicates that procedures/processes must be established

  Asha Hemrajani:+1 Erika

  Erika Mann:Change must be still included

  Asha Hemrajani:Would this be an issue to be pndered after we know the membership?

  olga cavalli:I must leave the call as I must take a plane, will review documents and follow the list best regards

  Alan Greenberg:I think we are sending a VERY bad message if we say IDEALLY we work in English.. Isn't the IDEAL answer to support multiple languages?

  Asha Hemrajani:Bye Olga! Safe travels

  Erika Mann:Consideration and upon review is good ... I like this! Well said Jonathan

  bverd (RSSAC):Apologies, but I have a prior committment that requires me to signoff.

  Erika Mann:Russ

  Erika Mann:Asha

  Erika Mann:yes

  Erika Mann:Asha its you

  Erika Mann:yes

  Erika Mann:yes

  Alan Greenberg:Written docs is less of an issue. People's skills tend to be written , then listening, then speaking in decreasing order.

  Asha Hemrajani:agree with that Jonathan

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Kaveh Ranjbar

  Alan Greenberg:I will ask Gisella who manages my schedule.

  Alan Greenberg:oops, sorry, wrong chat!

  Asha Hemrajani:True Alan...but I have heard a lot of feedback from non native speakers on the reams of documentation and the vocabulary used in ICANN documents

  Alan Greenberg:@Asha, I am talking about the people who would likely be appointed in my case.

  Asha Hemrajani:@Alan that is a worry if all the members of the CCWG will be the same as in other CCWGs

  Asha Hemrajani:I would hope for more new faces

  Asha Hemrajani:But I take your point

  Erika Mann:Sam is right

  Erika Mann:I agree

  Erika Mann:It's risky, I agree

  Erika Mann:Okay, let's not do it, I agree, your concerns ar right

  Asha Hemrajani:It's good to know your perspective on this

  Asha Hemrajani:Jonathan

  Erika Mann:yes

  Samantha Eisner:Of course, part of the background to this is the new Empowered Community and the powers within the community to raise concerns for future Board actions.  With that background, I support Jonathan's suggestion

  Erika Mann:Yes, it is

  Erika Mann:Agree

  Julie Hedlund:Understood Jonathan.  I'll capture that.

  Terri Agnew:proposed next call: 23 June at 11.00 UTC for 120 minutes

  Julie Hedlund:@Alan I think that's correct -- no public comment.

  Julie Hedlund:@Alan -- That does sound right.

  Samantha Eisner:I will be in transit during the call on the 23rd and will not be in attendance

  Erika Mann:Thank you all!

  Asha Hemrajani:I should be able to make the call unless my flight into helsinki is delayed

  Samantha Eisner:Thank you - have good days

  Asha Hemrajani:Thank you

  Julie Hedlund:You are very welcome Jonathan and thank you all!

  Asha Hemrajani:Safe travels all