[Dt-cwg-auctionproceeds] mp3 and attendance new gTLD Auction Proceeds Drafting Team 26 May 2016

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Thu May 26 17:47:23 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the new gTLD Auction Proceeds Drafting Team held on 26 May 2016 at 13:00 UTC: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-auction-proceeds-26may16-en.mp3
On page: http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may
The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page: http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

Wiki page:  https://community.icann.org/x/px6AAw

Attendees:

ALAC
Alan Greenberg

ASO
Sylvia Cadena

ccNSO
Will not be participating in the drafting team

GAC
none

GNSO
none

RSSAC
Brad Verd

SSAC
Russ Mundy
Lyman Chapin

Board
Board Liaisons
Erika Mann
Asha Hemrajani

Board appointed staff advisors
Samantha Eisner

Apologies:
Jonathan Robinson
David Tait
Tony Harris
Olga Cavalli

ICANN staff:
Marika Konings
Lauren Allison
Vinciane Koenigsfeld
Julie Hedlund
Terri Agnew

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Terri Agnew
-------------------------------
Adobe Connect chat transcript for Thursday, 26 May 2016

   Terri Agnew:Welcome to the New gTLD Auction Proceeds CCWG Charter Drafting Team held on Thursday, 26 May 2016

  Alan Greenberg:http://mailer.samanage.com/wf/click?upn=zZ8xDDIU4PY795Cika7Nm4obL2voz5coVBW9y0saZx8XXG8OZKsJJ6RF8iTqX92Tzh-2Fg3d32xS4o7c5BOFDYTg-3D-3D_nEX-2FaOijqgcJlSz5SkmueJu3tRbmaDiuX89gT35tStEeSHP9whdoceObpMxYsFLQddiMZpQjIv8dk6BsBGSJXH7VWN4SGLCJgbGKCk6E-2FTErjF4OKNQt65Dk9NF54IJ9kQpmDNySj7bbNz9G4dXi5BgbCZotTx8KNfyeB0z00f8KsMfETeTNKd7vy2kKI7tttQUIwid4NAhxXgT3nZYwmngUEFrVLcuYngf61DVsdWCdUP1xSxpWsJRZ7EcEpr8mHmGVV08wXLs8RsAywxQkJduuehPtsHw-2BgyHbBCy4buZ06BuMbhrsg-2FN-2ByLEmpUfPqTxyYgjkgt5WJdcMuzSzGrjyAtcFnPfJb2OyG9uCOkQ-2BkHZqyOC9kw8k7f1AN4mBP6zZMozksFif5CRnLZg9jTIeE6NUqyKVvJpKfMdLWaVsQpeIgux7rL3Xn8svM0fzApIC5BsUzWIBL8S4BHBVIi5WaEnrk1kmD5ah8-2FczQKgc1CBFFN4zHU3gulusa8jj

  Alan Greenberg:For people just getting on, the URL aboive in in the e-mail for adobeconnect. Mailer thinks it is a phishing attack.

  Erika Mann:I'm on the computer and turned off the phone now

  Erika Mann:Everybody gone?

  Lyman Chapin:I'm still here!

  Erika Mann:Terri - correct, it should be activated but I will check again

  Terri Agnew:@Erika, I see adobe mic is now active

  Marika Konings:It actually may be working days - I need to double check

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Brad Verd

  Lauren Allison:Sam cannot hear anything- can I arrange a dial out with someone?

  Sylvia Cadena:I have already shared comments about this.

  Asha Hemrajani:yes Russ was fading earlier

  Sylvia Cadena:I have shared the comments on the mailing list

  Sylvia Cadena:Agree with Russ. That was what lean and effective refer to

  Erika Mann:Russ is correct

  Terri Agnew:finding the line

  Sylvia Cadena:Yes, that was my understanding too.

  Asha Hemrajani:Yes agree with Russ but could not hear the last bit of what he said due to the bad echo

  Lauren Allison:Alan- I have the principles from the ICANN53 (should be 53 not 52 session) if you would like me to type them here

  Asha Hemrajani:bad echo again

  Sylvia Cadena:lots of echo

  Asha Hemrajani:4 "clusters" of principles

  Lyman Chapin:@Alan +1

  Sylvia Cadena:I think it was clusters of comments, that lead to 4 principlea

  Sylvia Cadena:Thanks Lauren. That will be useful.

  Lauren Allison:Broad, open and inclusive dialogue - any discussions need to be open and transparent, and allow for broad participation, listening to the views of all

  Lauren Allison:Conflicts of Interest - there is a need to consider conflicts of interest before work can begin

  Lauren Allison:Lean process - any process must be lean and cost-effective so as not to diminish funds

  Lauren Allison:Separation of idea suggestion and idea selection - it is important to start by sharing and brainstorming ideas prior to any structured work

  Lauren Allison:Measured pace - principles and strategy should be examined first before further considerations. Process should not be rushed

  Lauren Allison:ICANN's Mission and Mandate - must keep in mind that proceeds are to be used in support of ICANN's mission and mandate

  Lauren Allison:These are the six principles referenced in the public comments from the ICANN53 session

  Marika Konings:Asha, note that there are already some references to diversity in the draft charter (relating to diversity of CCWG members and participants) so you may want to review that language to see if that meets what you have in mind and/or suggest edits / additions?

  Asha Hemrajani:@marika yes aware of that - but I feel the text already in there needs to be strengthened and more specific

  Sylvia Cadena:Agree with Asha.

  Erika Mann:Agree with you Alan ... we just need to check!

  Erika Mann:Sylvia - I was tasked to check this with Xavier and I agree, it would be good if we would agree that he should join the call if topics related to his responsibilties comes up

  Sylvia Cadena:Yes, Alan, I agree.

  RussMundy-SSAC:I also agree with the last point

  Asha Hemrajani:@marika I sent it only to Sylvia as I had already mentioned in my remarks earlier.  Sylvia and I will work on it

  Marika Konings:@Asha - ok, just wanted to make sure it didn't get lost in email space :-)

  Sylvia Cadena:Marika, Asha and my self were exchanging emails among our selves to have a contribution together

  Sylvia Cadena:I have sent my contribution directly to the mailing list

  Sylvia Cadena:but Asha and I have not yet agreed on a final contribution

  Sylvia Cadena:Old hand, sorry

  Erika Mann:Marika is gone

  Marika Konings:sorry, my line dropped :-(

  Sylvia Cadena:Sorry, I got the email earlier this morning. No time to get to work on this. Sorry, all day in meetings and trains here in HK

  Erika Mann:Alan - can you read your comments?

  Erika Mann:No, nothing

  Erika Mann:Alan - agree with you

  Sylvia Cadena:must.

  Erika Mann:Alan - must

  Erika Mann:Agree

  Erika Mann:Agree with Sylvie

  Marika Konings:I'm good

  Marika Konings:and will rely on members of the DT to add/edit as needed if I don't get it right :-)

  RussMundy-SSAC:I do have to leave the call shortly

  Sylvia Cadena:Overhead will be different depending on the due diligence review, monitoring, audits, etc

  Erika Mann:Syvia ...

  Sylvia Cadena:That is 7:00 am for me. That works for me.

  Asha Hemrajani:Sylvia will 1300 UTC work for you?

  Sylvia Cadena:It will be fine with me, as it will be the last meeting before the draft

  Asha Hemrajani:Thanks Sylvia

  Erika Mann:I agree with Alan ... let's schedule another call

  Sylvia Cadena:it will be 11:00 pm for me

RussMundy-SSAC:sorry, I need to leave now

  Sylvia Cadena:Can we agree to work a bit more on the mailing list or a google doc?

  Sylvia Cadena:so that we can make progress in between calls?

  Erika Mann:Can we work on Google doc?

  Erika Mann:ahead of the next call?

  Erika Mann:Agree with Sylvia!

  Sylvia Cadena:Yes, please 1h is a bit short. Agree with Alan

  Sylvia Cadena:Bye

  Samantha Eisner:Bye