[Dt-cwg-auctionproceeds] Update on CWG Auction Proceeds

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Mon Oct 10 14:35:17 UTC 2016

Dear All,

I wanted to provide you with an update on where things stand with regard to
the SO/AC review of the proposed new gTLD Auction Proceeds CCWG Charter.

To date, we have only received confirmation from the ccNSO that no pertinent
issues have been identified and that they are ready to consider the charter
for adoption at their upcoming meeting. We have also received a request from
the GNSO Council leadership team to host a webinar on the proposed charter
since, due to other priorities, many have not had the time to focus on the
proposed charter and a webinar will facilitate this process.

As such, and also assuming that other SO/ACs may find themselves in a
similar situation, I propose that the DT hosts a webinar on Thursday this
week (16h00 UTC) for the GNSO and any others interested in the topic.
Hopefully this will allow for focused attention on the proposed charter and
facilitate feedback from all groups as to whether or not approval of the
Charter can move forward to the next phase. In the meantime, I will ask the
ccNSO to hold off on approval of the charter until it is clear that there
are no pertinent issues and the charter will remain as is.

Of course, if you have any further feedback as to where your respective
group stands with regard to the review of the charter, that would be much
appreciated.

Best wishes,

Jonathan