[SLE Team] FW: [CWG-Stewardship] Marc's presentation and report with some background

Elaine Pruis elaine at donuts.email
Thu Feb 25 16:09:21 UTC 2016

I would like to join the CWG SLE discussion but do not have dial in
details. If this is available please send to me.

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 12:26 AM, Paul M Kane - CWG <paul.kane-cwg at icb.co.uk
> wrote:

> Trang
>
> Many thanks for the email reminder.
>
> I sent out the presentation some weeks ago to the members directly (I was
> experiencing mailing list issues so direct guaranteed circulation) and
> there is
> interest in having a call before or meeting at ICANN Marrakech to discuss.
> Fundamentally, despite being offered access to the raw data mid December,
> then
> 12 Jan, then end Jan.
>
> Many of the Working Group will be in Marrakech and I found our Dublin
> meeting
> with Akram very useful so would it be possible to arrange a similar meeting
> (same ICANN staff list) in Marrakech.
>
> I believe Jay, Patricio, Elaine and the two Jeffs will be present.  I will
> not
> be in Marrakech but it would be good for you to hear from other members of
> the
> Working Group.
>
> With regard to the substantive (now annulled by ICANN) on the 4th Feb a
> consultant gave a presentation to say that it was too complicated and the
> raw
> IANA transaction data would not be made available to us.
>
> I think the WG members would have preferred to have seen the raw data and
> come
> to that conclusion that the data was not fit for the intended purpose
> themselves. If your consultant is controllable because you have
> constrained him
> via NDA, I am sure many if not all of the volunteer WG members would have
> entered into an appropriate NDA which would have saved ICANN money by not
> having
> pay external consultants as well as build some good PR too.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Paul.
>

> Quoting Trang Nguyen <trang.nguyen at icann.org>:
>
> > Dear members of the DT-A,
> >
> > The below email and attached information were recently circulated to the
> > CWG mail list and we want to make sure that you have this information as
> > well.
> >
> > This information provides background and results of the data parsing work
> > that was recently completed.
> >
> > If you have any questions after reviewing this information, please let us
> > know and we¹d be happy to provide a response.
> >
> > Please note that the next CWG call is scheduled for 1600 UTC on February
> > 25. ICANN staff will be providing an update on the next phase of work:
> SLE
> > metric collection and SLA setting. We encourage you to join the call and
> > participate in that discussion.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Trang Nguyen
> > ICANN

[image: Donuts Inc.] <http://www.donuts.domains>
*Elaine Pruis*, Vice President, Operations
*Donuts Inc. <http://www.donuts.domains>*
10500 NE 8th Street, Suite 350, Bellevue Washington, 98004, U.S.A. |
Telephone: 509.899.3161
[image: Twitter] <https://twitter.com/DonutsInc>[image: Facebook]
<https://www.facebook.com/donutstlds>[image: Linked In]
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/donuts-inc->