[DTL] FW: DIDP Request: ICANN Contingency and Continuity of Operations Plan - IANA Fuctions

James Gannon james at cyberinvasion.net
Sat Mar 14 13:56:03 UTC 2015

There seems to be a second document referenced in that document under the Deliverables Not Requiring Transition section

>There are a number of contract deliverables that ICANN is required to provide to the
>NTIA under the IANA Functions contract that will not need to be provided to a
>successor organization in order for that successor organization to perform the IANA
>Functions. These include, but are not limited to, C.4.2 (Monthly Performance
>Progress reports), C.4.5 (Customer Satisfaction Surveys), C.5.3 (External Auditor
>reports), C.6 (Conflicts of Interest processes established by ICANN), and C.7.2
> (ICANN's Contingency and Continuity of Operations Plan)

It's the C.7.2 document that I think would be very valuable, as there may already be a lot of technical details that could work whether it's a Disaster Recovery situation or a Transition situation.

Yup I've been going through the SSAC documentation and some of the DNSSEC stuff this morning trying to get a references and informed opinion section ready for us. I'll definitely include those that you have linked.