[DTL] Update from Istanbul

James Gannon james at cyberinvasion.net
Mon Mar 30 13:13:11 UTC 2015

Hi Everyone,
A quick update coming out of Istanbul:

4 members of the DT were present in person in Istanbul:

*         James Gannon

*         Allan MacGillivray

*         Matt Shears

*         Graeme Bunton (Joined the DT during the meeting, Graeme is a Member of the CWG (GNSO) and the Management Information Systems Manager for Tucows)

The group met for an informal discussion on Wednesday on our progress to date.
We agreed that this work is critical and this was echoed in the F2F meetings over the two days.

One decision that was made during the F2F was in order to reinforce our technical focus we would not look directly at any staff transition or HR elements of the transition.
We will continue to work diligently on the document, with a view to having substantial work ready for 10th April as requested by the Co-Chairs.
I believe that my initial drafting may have been too specific in its detail in certain areas, I will be working on the document over the next 48 hours to revise it to give it more of a guiding feel rather than a deep step by step process.

ICANNs CTO David Conrad has agreed to attempt to assist us with our work by proving some high level details of the current technical architecture of the IANA to inform our work better. David was very receptive to assisting us and hopefully will give us the details needed to make this document extremely relevant to the discussions of the CWG.

I will be pretty busy for the next 72 hours or so but hope to get some drafting done in that time, I encourage anyone to give feedback on the existing document and would particularly appreciate any drafting that the team can do in the analysis of the existing documentation, I have copied across Gurus initial analysis from this list and believe that this is a great foundation to build upon for our Phase 1 work.

The location of the document again for reference: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10efc2wpt-XkYRU_I2twnSuOPZsN4x6gXD8d5JxnibuQ/edit?usp=sharing

James Gannon
Director
Cyber Invasion Ltd