[DTM Escalation] DT-M Updates from last meeting

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Tue Apr 7 11:35:46 UTC 2015

Staffan,

First of all let me thank you for your input; it will be very useful to aid our discussions on our call today as we try to reach resolution on our final recommendations.

I would like to understand why you suggested changing 'anyone' to 'direct customers' in the 'Customer Service Complaint Resolution Process'.  There are two primary reasons why I ask this: 1) the current IANA customer service Complaint process allows anyone to make a complaint; 2) members of our DT-M have communicated that they believed there needed to be a mechanism for indirect customers to raise an issue if they become aware of one that the direct customers may not have reported.  Note that step 1 of the presently proposed 'Customer Service Complaint Resolution Process' (with or without your change to 'direct customers') follows the currently used process less the escalation steps to the CEO so we have already reduced it by one step; we then add step 2 that allows the complaint to be escalated to the CSC if there is no resolution.

I think that the rest of your edits may be fine and we will of course give others on the time to comment on them in today's call.

Chuck