[ECAdmin] Still waiting for a correction to the ICANN Announcement page..

Stephen Deerhake sdeerhake at nic.as
Sun Jun 25 14:00:09 UTC 2017

Greetings to you both.

I note that as of my writing this the Rejection Action Petition Announcement
web page on the ICANN web site
https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2017-06-24-en has yet to be
corrected as per my brief conversation with you both this morning, and also
per an email to the ICANN Corporate Secretary that I sent to him when I
first discovered the error even earlier this morning.

To recap: The ICANN Web page announcement states that the Rejection Action
Petition Period is 28 days.  THIS IS INCORRECT.

The correct time limit for the Rejection Action Petition Period is 21 days
(Annex D Section 2.2(b)) rather than 28 days.

I believe the 28 day notion came from an incorrect reading by someone within
ICANN of Article 22.4(a)(vi)(A)(2) in the case of the ICANN Budget, Article
22.4((b)(A)(2) in the case of the IANA Budget, Article 22.5(a)(vi)(A)(2) in
the case of the Operating Plan, and Article 22.5(b)(A)(2) in the case of the
Strategic Plan.  These specific sections relate to the minimum number of
days that will transpire between the initiation of a Rejection Notice Period
as defined in Annex D Section 2.2(b) and when the Budget or Plan subject to
the Board Rejection Notice can come into effect.

The controlling language regarding the length of the Rejection Action
Petition Period is clearly stated in Section 2.2(b) of Annex D as 21 days
from the Rejection Action Board Notification Date.

So long as this critical error remains uncorrected, ICANN is in effect
miss-leading the Empowered Community with respect to their rights under the
Bylaws and the specific operational requirements for exercising those rights
as detailed in Annex D.

I am not (yet) formally stating that this is intentional on ICANN's part,
but I made the seriousness of this error clear to both of you to this
morning, as well as in my prior correspondence to the Corporate Secretary.
I really fail to see how it takes over six hours to make a change of this
importance to the ICANN Website.

But now by not correcting (and publicizing the correction) ASAP once ICANN
was notified of the error, ICANN is in effect manipulating the Rejection
Action Petition Process by misleading the Empowered Community with respect
to how much time they have to react to the Board's decisions which led to
the issuance of the Rejection Action Board Notices.

Please have appropriate ICANN Staff attend to this issue immediately.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Stephen Deerhake

ccNSO Representative to the Empowered Community Administration

ccNSO Council Member

AS Domain Registry

GDNS, LLC

+1 212 334 3660