[Finance-sc] RES: FY 13 AFRALO additionnal requests

sylvia at internautabrasil.org sylvia at internautabrasil.org
Tue Jan 10 14:36:12 UTC 2012

>From LACRALO: GA
Esteemed members of this committee and finance staff members of ICANN:
pardon my informality, but the short time that separates us from the next
ICANN meeting in Costa Rica I will go straight to the point. It is well
known that LACRALO are requesting your GA performing since the meeting in
Cartagena in 2010 without success . We have also expressed in FY12.
https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+FY12+Budget+Proposal+Ma
ster+Document
LACRALO proposes GAs for 2011/2012/2013/2014 focusing each year in a
Strategic Focus Area:

    Y2011: Core Operations including IANA
    Y2012: Consumer Choice, Competition & Innovation
    Y2013: A Healthy Internet Eco-System
    Y2014: DNS Stability & Security

Is also known that in FY13, there NO will be a meeting in Latin America, so
it is imperative that we meet in Costa Rica.
I wonder if possible an advance FY13 budget to be used during this period
thus the long wait and finally realize LACRALO GA. There also remains AFRALO
budget that we could use!

I recall that this GA is especially important for the region, since we are
in a period of reforms bylaws reforms, an issue that is consuming a lot of
energy and I personally believe that the sooner the better fix for the
development of our region.
Please, give me an answer.
Tks,
Sylvia Herlein Leite