[Finance-sc] Meeting Invitation - prep meeting / Budget FY13 call with the ICANN Finance team

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Jan 18 16:29:53 UTC 2012

Thank you.

In this call, we will be reviewing each of the RALO budget request
templates linked from:
https://community.icann.org/x/yofbAQ

The review will include:
- checking if the request is clear for ICANN finance to understand
- checking if the request describes the scope of the activity proposed,
how it relates to the current Strategic Plan, and how the funds are to
be implemented.
- allocating a priority to the request by consensus, taking the above
findings and the needs of the region into account.

It is therefore really important that all members of the ALAC Finance &
Budget Sub-committee read all of the requests in advance, in order to be
prepared to discuss them during the call. There are not that many of
them, but we need to make sure we use our calling time efficiently.
https://community.icann.org/x/yofbAQ

In preparation for this, I will also email you a copy of a "roadmap" of
future ICANN meetings & our proposed future requests, detailing the
proposed schedule of GAs and At-Large Summit since our last Summit.
ICANN Finance has asked for such a document to be produced, and I'll
therefore send you a copy of a first draft which we'll have to fill in.
A clear roadmap will really help in (1) setting up a written track
record of our requests, as seen from a macro-level, (2) providing ICANN
finance with our vision of GAs & a future Summit and (3) bringing some
context in our minds and for RALOs, in how financial requests fit in the
bigger picture development of At-Large.

I look forward to speaking to you all tomorrow.

Kind regards,

Olivier

On 18/01/2012 15:07, ICANN At-Large Staff wrote :
> Dear All,
>
> Further to the Doodle poll, this meeting is scheduled on Thursday 19 January
> 2012 at 1600 UTC.
>
> for other times:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Prep+meeting+for+FY
> 13+call+with+Finance&iso=20120119T16
>
> The draft agenda (to be updated) and call details are available at:
> https://community.icann.org/x/wo-bAQ
> Adobe Connect Room:
> http://icann.adobeconnect.com/alacfinbud/
>
> If you require a dial-out please contact At-Large staff at:
> staff at atlarge.icann.org. We currently have Tijani, Cheryl, Fatimata and
> Cintra on the list (Cintra - please confirm your number).
>
> Thank you.
> Regards
> Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Matt Ashtiani, Gisella Gruber, Nathalie
> Peregrine
>
> ICANN At-Large Staff

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD
http://www.gih.com/ocl.html