[Finance-sc] Consensus Call: Process to institutionalize General Assemblies and Summits

Glenn McKnight mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 02:25:46 UTC 2015

The  issue  of  GA's and Summits  was raised by Alan Greenberg.  In the
case of NARALO we strongly support the idea of  a regional focused  General
Assemblies  which are  vitally important in bringing  our  membership
together  to discuss our strengths, challenges and opportunities as a
group  to produce relevant and  viable  policies and ideas.  A  face to
face meeting energizes the community and gives them an opportunity to  be
tuned  into the process vs  being  observers or bystanders as with the
prevailing only monthly calls.   If  we  really support the idea of
valuable multistaker participation   at  ICANN   we need  to recognize
that  regular  GA's are an investment not an expense.

Glenn

Glenn McKnight
mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
skype  gmcknight