[Finance-sc] Call for Comments by 29 May: Draft PTI FY21-24 Strategic Plan

Dave Kissoondoyal dave at igf-mu.org
Thu May 28 19:07:38 UTC 2020

Dear All,

My input

To achieve PTI strategic objective one that to “Maintain stakeholders’
trust that IANA is the proper home for enabling global interoperability
through unique identifier coordination”, we believe that to maintain the
trust of stakeholders, PTI should provide the services both in an
unbiased, responsible and effective manner as well as services should be
uninterrupted, non degraded and to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
Quality of service contributes a lot in trust.

Having a strategic objective to “Monitor and adapt to security threats
and ensure resilient and secure IANA operations” is not enough if it is
not accompanied with a business continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan.
We recommend that the PTI has in place a comprehensive statement of
consistent actions to be taken before, during and after a disaster in
its objectives.

To continue to drive the implementation of operational initiatives to
enhance the delivery of services based on the needs of the IANA
customer, it is important that PTI has a comprehensive change management
process in place. This change management process will not only prepare
the customers for the operational initiatives but ensure that the
process is done in a transparent and effective manner.

To monitor the delivery and performance of the IANA functions to achieve
operational excellence, it is important that IANA customer is able to do
so on his end as well. We recommend that the IANA customer be provided
the necessary tools and dashboard so that he can monitor the performance
and check on the SLAs.

While PTI has to support ICANN org on its governance efforts to sustain
and improve openness, inclusivity, accountability, and transparency, it
will be a waste of resources if there is duplicity of work between the
two entities. Both PTI and ICANN have to ensure that no action, that has
an incidence on the other entity, is taken in isolation.

Kind regards

Dave

--

Thanks and best regards

*Dave Kissoondoyal, **MBA, ACMI*

President

*Internet Governance Forum Mauritius*

www.igf-mu.org <http://www.igf-mu.org/>

1st Floor, NG Tower, Wall Street, Ebene, Mauritius

Phone: +230 5291 4022  Fax : +230 677 8059    Mobile : +230 5257 8703

Email dave at igf-mu.org <mailto:dave at igf-mu.org> | Personal Page
<http://www.kissoondoyal.com> |http://www.linkedin.com/in/mauritius |https://www.facebook.com/InternetGovernanceForum/

The information contained in this transmission, including any
attachments hereto, is confidential information intended only for the
use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of
communication in error, please contact the sender at the information
provided and return any and all copies of this communication to the sender