[Gac-gnso-cg] MP3 recording GAC / GNSO Consultation Group teleconference Tuesday 15 April 2014 1300 UTC

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Tue Apr 15 16:59:45 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording of the GAC / GNSO Consultation Group
teleconference held on Tuesday  15 April 2014 at 1300 UTC at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-gac-20140415-en.mp3
<http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-gac-201404158-en.mp3>

 On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#apr

 The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO
Master Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Government Advisory Committee
Manal Ismail – co-chair - Egypt
Ana Neves -  Portugal

GNSO Council

Jonathan Robinson – co-chair - Registries Stakeholder Group
Amr Elsadr – Non Commercial Stakeholder Group (NCSG)

Apology:

David Cake – GNSO vice chair

Suzanne Radel  - USA

ICANN Staff:

Marika Konings

Olof Nordling

Nathalie Peregrine

Public archives of the mailing list can be found at:

http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gac-gnso-cg/

Thank you.
Kind regards,

Nathalie

Adobe Chat transcript:
 Marika Konings:Welcome to the GAC-GNSO Consultation Group on Early
Engagement of 15 April 2014

  Ana Neves:Hi, Jonathan!

  Manal:Hi Jonathan, Ana, Marika, Nathalie & Olof :) ..

  Jonathan Robinson:Hi Manal.  Welcome!

  Manal:ok ..

  Jonathan Robinson:All.  Let's wait 3-5 mins and then get underway

  Olof Nordling:Hi all !

  Manal:Hi Olof ..

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Noted, thank you

  Ana Neves:can´t hear you, Manal...

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Manal, iin order to improve your audio, would you like
us to dial out to you?

  Manal:will try to higher the volume Ana ..

  Marika Konings:@Olof - that typing course definitely paid off ;-)

  Olof Nordling:I know;-) Missed that one myself...

  Amr Elsadr:Hi. Thanks Jonathan. Dialling in now.

  Amr Elsadr:Apologies about being late.

  Amr Elsadr:On the call now.

  Amr Elsadr:Sorry. What was the question?

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Jonathan, your line is breaking up quite a lot

  Olof Nordling:@Jonathan - your line has a lot of jitter

  Nathalie  Peregrine:We can dial out to you Jonathan

  Jonathan Robinson:back on audio now

  Manal:great back to you :)

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Breaking up again Jonathan

  Nathalie  Peregrine:We cannot hear you anymore

  Amr Elsadr:Still breaking up a lot Jonathan. Can't make out what you're
saying.

  Amr Elsadr:You're back now.

  Manal:it's perfect now ..

  Amr Elsadr:@Jonathan: Your audio is pretty good now.

  Manal:yes it has Amr ..

  Manal:sounds good Amr ..

  Ana Neves:yes. the work from GNSO and GAC together

  Ana Neves:I know it's difficult but we should start a pilot as mentioned
before otherwise we don't start anything that can be see and evaluated
throughout this year.

  Ana Neves:something must start in London to be perhaps "evaluated" in LA?

  Amr Elsadr:@Ana: I think your suggestion is very sensible. Our work will
more than likely be iterative. We'll have to evaluate how effective it is as
it progresses, and possibly idenrify areas where improvements or changes in
our plans are required.

  Ana Neves:yes, I agree. But when and how are you starting to discuss the
identification of such areas?

  Ana Neves:not "you" but "we", sorry

  Manal:+1 Marika ..

  Ana Neves:yes, very good proposal, Marika.

  Manal:sure ..

  Amr Elsadr:I suggest that we move forward trying to solidify the two
streams, and identify a timeframe in which we can evaluate progress. I don't
feel comfortable specifiying that now. Maybe when in the process of
finalizing the details of the two streams.

  Ana Neves:I agree with Amr but on the other hand time there's so much we
could being do togeter that it is a pity that we don't start anything even
if under a pilot

  Amr Elsadr:I think Marika said what I was trying to say..., just a lot
more eloquently. :)

  Marika Konings::-)

  Amr Elsadr:I think the teams reporting on progress will work. At least
with the next meeting until we identify other areas we need to work on.