[Gac-gnso-cg] Final Briefing Note

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Thu Jun 5 11:52:40 UTC 2014

Suzanne, to clarify on the timing question, Staff has 45 days to prepare the
Preliminary Issue Report but may ask for an extension if additional time is
needed. Following that the Preliminary Issue Report is published for public
comment for at least 30 days. The summary and analysis of public comments as
well as Final Issue Report are expected to be delivered to the GNSO Council
within 30 days of the closing of the public comment forum, although staff
may request an extension. Following that, the GNSO Council is expected to
consider the Final Issue Report and vote on whether to initiate the PDP at
the subsequent Council meeting, although this consideration may postponed
for one meeting (but no more). Please note that the Council usually does not
suggest changes or edits to the Final Issue Report ­ the report is
considered 'as is', although if the Council decides to initiate a PDP, it
can provide specific direction to the DT developing the charter for the PDP
to take into account (if a DT is formed). If helpful, I can include the
different timeframes in the flow chart.

Best regards,

Marika