[Gac-gnso-cg] MP3 recording GAC / GNSO Consultation Group teleconference Tuesday 13 May 2014 1300 UTC

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Tue May 13 15:39:20 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording of the GAC / GNSO Consultation Group
teleconference held on Tuesday 13 May 2014 at 1300 UTC at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-gac-20140513-en.mp3

 On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may

 The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO
Master Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Government Advisory Committee
Manal Ismail - co-chair - Egypt

Suzanne Radell  - USA

Ana Neves -  Portugal

Mark Carvell - UK

GNSO Council

Jonathan Robinson - co-chair - Registries Stakeholder Group
Avri Doria - Councillor

Apology:

Amr Elsadr - Non Commercial Stakeholder Group (NCSG)

ICANN Staff:

Marika Konings

Olof Nordling

Nathalie Peregrine

Public archives of the mailing list can be found at:

http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gac-gnso-cg/

Thank you.
Kind regards,

Nathalie

Adobe Chat transcript:

  Marika Konings:Welcome to the GAC-Consultation Group on Early Engagement
Meeting of 13 May 2014

  Jonathan Robinson (GNSO):Hi Nathalie.  I hear the audio but have not yet
dialed in.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Hello all!

  Nathalie  Peregrine:@ Ana, we are trying to dial out to you, but the
number you provided for today's call is not ringing, we are only hearing
silence

  Marika Konings:Please note that some of the comments are cut off on the
document on the screen, so please refer to the word version that Manal
circulated (or scroll to the end of the document on the screen to see the
full comment)

  Jonathan Robinson (GNSO):Dialing in now.

  Ana Neves:I don't understand why. It's my cell phone. I'm in Geneva. No
other phone I can use :-(

  Nathalie  Peregrine:can you give me the number again, just to me on the
safe time, by private message if you prefer

  Ana Neves:no problem: +351 91 2397371

  Suzanne Radell:Apologies in advance, but I'll need to drop off the call at
9:50.

  Ana Neves:could you please try the other one I have: +351962605141?

  Nathalie  Peregrine:sure!

  Jonathan Robinson (GNSO):Please confirm once we have  Ana on audio

  Ana Neves:please, start, I'll try to follow through adobe

  Ana Neves:I'm in

  Manal:welcome Ana :) ..

  Manal:@Suzanne it's ok thanks for the heads up

  Manal:Welcome Avri :) !!

  Avri Doria:Thanks

  Avri Doria:i am still catching up on the reading etc, so may be more of a
listener today.

  Suzanne Radell:I concur with Jonathan's overview and suggested method of
combining all of the options

  Ana Neves:+1

  Suzanne Radell:Option C could be a step somewhat further down the road,
once members of the GNSO and the GAC have had some experience with these new
mechanisms

  Manal:+1 Suzanne ..

  Ana Neves:sure. I agree with Suz.

  Manal:Welcome Mark :) !! good to have you back ..

  Marika Konings:The headings currently match the cycle that Mikey presented
in the PPT, but I can definitely update that to match the PDP graphics as on
the GNSO web-site

  mark carvell:Catch up time for me! Survey very good idea - + very timely
in engaging GAC side certainly. Will focus minds.

  Avri Doria:starting with what comes fisrt does make good sense.

  Jonathan Robinson (GNSO):@Avri - I agree

  Avri Doria:despite what may, or may not, end up being best, better or
merely good.

  Avri Doria:especially since the GAC can file an dissues report, that would
be a good place to start.  And repsonding to draft issues report, no matter
who intitiates, is an important milestone.

  Avri Doria:... an issues report ..

  Suzanne Radell:i look forward to reading the transcript on these points,as
I now need to drop off.

  Jonathan Robinson (GNSO):Thanks Suzanne

  mark carvell:Agree that this is two-way. GAC needs to be diligent and
efficient about fulfilling its role and obligations to the community.

  Jonathan Robinson (GNSO):@Mark.  Thank-you.  This seems to be an equally
point.

  Ana Neves:ok... me as well...

  Manal:we're all very loaded .. totally understood ..

  Manal:sure Jonathan ..

  mark carvell:Is there any reportign to GAC before London planned?

  Manal:I think the question id before London ?

  Marika Konings:From LA

  Marika Konings:FY15

  Marika Konings:all meetings in FY15

  Avri Doria:I am well trained in PDPs.  Feel free to assign me tasks.

  Manal:we'll sure do :) !!

  Manal:Thanks everyone .. bye ..